Students return to class at McAlester Public Schools Aug. 9, and although many students have pre-enrolled, they will be required to attend summer enrollment this month to ensure their placement.
“All students planning to attend McAlester Public Schools are required to attend summer enrollment,” said McAlester Public Schools Pubic Relations Specialist Debbie Watkins.
who have pre-enrolled in the schools during the spring will need to again attend the summer enrollment, as this is the way that their place will be confirmed for the MPS school year of 2012-2013.”
She said spring pre-enrollment helps the school estimate of the number of students who will be attending to make preparations.
Students planning to attend early childhood centers, elementary schools and middle school will enroll:
• July 24, noon to 6 p.m. and
• July 25, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Early childhood centers for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students may be contacted at:
• Jefferson Early Childhood Center, 918-423-5963
• Washington Early Childhood Center, 918-423-0265
• William Gay Early Childhood Center, 918-423-6229
Elementary schools for first through fourth grades may be contacted at:
• Edmond Doyle Elementary, 918-423-0588,
• Emerson Elementar,y 918-423-6465
• Will Rogers Elementary, 918-423-4542
For grades five and six, contact:
• Parker Intermediate, 918-423-4647.
Students entering grades seven through eighth will attend Puterbaugh Middle School at 918-423-5445.
All students planning to attend McAlester High School, grades nine to 12, are asked to enroll on the following dates and times:
• July 23, seniors, 5 to 7 p.m.
• July 24, juniors and sophomores, 5 to 7 p.m.
• July 26, freshman, 5 to 7 p.m.
New students to MHS can pick up enrollment packets in the school office Monday through Thursday, during regular school day hours from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more high school information, call 918-423-4776.
Contact MJ Brickey by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.