By James Beaty
McAlester firefighters who responded to a fire report Saturday morning found the blaze had started in a dog house but spread to part of a porch on the property.
Firefighters received the a report at 8:39 a.m. of a fire at a at 2109 N. Main St., according to Lt. Steve Belcher with the McAlester Fire Department.
“It was a heater lamp that caught a dog house on fire and then caught the back porch on fire,” Belcher said.
No injuries were reported.
“We initially sent four trucks and an ambulance,” Belcher said. After the first firefighters arrived at the scene and saw they could contain the blaze, two of the vehicles dispatched were canceled, according to Belcher.
Contact James Beaty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more on this story, see the print or electronic editions of the
McAlester News-Capital. <a
Click here for print edition home delivery</a> or <a
here to see the Smart Edition</a> for your computer, tablet, e-reader or