Lightning struck a home on Shuman Road Monday morning and started a house fire.
Homeowner Art Smith said that his home on Shuman Road is approximately a mile outside of McAlester. “We just got hit by lightning,” Smith said. “It hit in the back and the exhaust vent over the stove caught fire.”
McAlester Fire Department personnel were on the scene at approximately 9 a.m. with multiple emergency vehicles and firemen.
Contact Rachel Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more on this story, see the print or electronic editions of the McAlester News-Capital. Click here for print edition home delivery or click here to see the Smart Edition for your computer, tablet, e-reader or smart phone.